Saturday, July 13, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - Hot Pink

Thoughts and prayers for quilters in New Orleans right now. Hurricane season is just beginning.

I got a little sewing area set up in the family room.  Plenty of space to start playing with some pink scraps.  So far I haven't accomplished much, but it sure feels good to putter.  I've also been working on refinishing the stairs now that the half bath has been painted.  It is a long list, but everything is pretty livable right now, so we can just work slowly on the list over time.  Initially I thought I would have more done before summer ended, but there honestly have not been that many days at home yet.  I was at a training class for most of last week.  Ryan is getting his wisdom teeth out next week.  It is great to be able to have time in between all of that though.  Summer is a good thing for teachers. 
I hope that all of your pink plans are coming out nicely.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone has been working on. 
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's good you have time for new house projects without having to worry about work. Wishing you a little sewing time as well! Thanks for hosting every week, Angela!

Angie said...

Your thoughts and prayers are working - TS Barry is not having much effect here! Wishing you plenty of sewing time before the end of summer!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you are getting time to do the house work and other things you want to do. I am not a teacher, but my summers are less busy at work, so I tend to leave things for summer, but I don't get as much done as the amount of things I have left for the summer!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Goodness, but you are having a busy summer! Good luck to Ryan next week. DS1 was worried the his time might have come last week. Fortunately, he dodged that bullet... this time!