Monday, November 15, 2021

Happy Monday

It was a beautiful sky this morning.  Clear and brisk fall air is always a teat in Florida.    

Last night was a noisy one as the water company was digging up the street in front of our house to fix a water leak.   They started at 10:30 to work overnight and avoid the traffic.   

I had enough blocks done for Sister's Choice, so those got arranged and pinned into rows for the next quiet moment.  Not tonight, that is the Academic Team Championship.  Then I am still all full of tutoring on Tuesday and Thursday.  I do believe that I had a cancellation for Wednesday though, and with the spouse out of the house, it might be a sewing night.   
Next up were these Shoofly and Wonky Star blocks.   I seem to have missed orange and teal completely, so a bit of filling in might be needed.   I am sure that I won't get much done on that one this week, but I am already mentally planning for a full week over Thanksgiving.   Did I mention we got an entire week off?  I'm pretty happy still.  Two days of vacation and a few extra wear jeans to work day doesn't solve all the issues with teaching right now, but it is at least an admission that things are not all rosy.   Hopefully they will work on some better long term solutions to attract more qualified and talented people into the profession.   We are losing teachers and district staff at an alarming rate right now.  




8 comments:

Sara said...

Such a stressful couple of school years for staff. The mask protestors around here kept whining about stress for the kids, but I never heard a single one express concern for staff. I'm glad your district is giving you a little extra time off.

Susie H said...

Bonus time to sew? WIN!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting Sister's Choice all laid out, Angela! Wonky block will be a fun project for Thanksgiving Break, if you manage to get that far. Here's hoping the Water Dept. has finished with the noisy work out in the street so you can get a better night's sleep tonight!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your Sister's Choice block layout is great. Here, in Oregon, we too have a shortage of educational staff. . . our educators are battle weary which makes me sad. School was a pleasant time for me. I hope improvements will happen to improve your teaching experience.

Ratana said...

Thank for providing good information for site,Thanks for your sharing.
Live Score_បាល់ផ្សាយបន្តផ្ទាល់

Ivani said...

Love your layout for Sister's Choice, Angela.

Ratana said...

I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very beautiful skies!
and your quilts are awesome!!! The sisters choice looks great!!!