Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sunday is my Funday

 

Here are the blocks from the last RSC21 project that needed to be finished up.  I lost steam on this one and only had three colors done, so I added a couple of blocks in purple and orange to round out the collection and made a nice small snuggle size layout.   The blossom blocks are pretty simple and easy to put together, not sure why I didn't keep up momentum.   Be sure to visit Oh Scrap!  for more scrappy projects.  

I got these potholders whipped up on a utility sewing day before the kids showed up.  I was able to turn old towels and t-shirts into decorative cleaning rags and these orphan quilt blocks made a great collection of hot pads.   That makes today an official hand sewing of binding day!  I have a list of Christmas movies to stream and a cup of hot tea to warm me in the almost fall like Florida weather.  Slow Stitching Sunday is a weekly gathering of hand sewing, so don't forget to visit for inspiration.  

The sunrise was a great way to start the day.   With more sewing to continue the trend, I'll soak up the last few hours of vacation.  Shopping for RSC22 blocks is next on the list and I have a nice collection of possibilities in the works.  

15 comments:

CathieJ said...

I like the idea of using orphan blocks for hot pads. I hope you like stitching binding. It looks like you have a lot of it to do.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice colorful blocks and hot pads are a great way to use up blocks - I hadn't thought of that and need to look and see if I have padding to make to make some. I have two left over pineapple blocks that could be nice to set hot casserole bowls on.

Susie H said...

You have been so productive over this holiday week. Lots of fun. Hand sewing binding and binge watching shows is the perfect ending.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great way to use up your orphan blocks and I love your scrappy quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoping you enjoy a relaxing hand sewing day today, Angela!!

Janice said...

I fell off the wagon after Jan. baby quilt out of pink, but have my patterns picked out for 2022 and ready to dig in.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects you are working on! Great use of orphan blocks! Hope you have a great week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your snuggle quilt looks great! I really like that layout. Orphan blocks make really good hot pads, too. Enjoy your binding stitching today!

Kim said...

A beautiful sunrise! Your scrappy blocks are gorgeous! This is going to be a beautiful quilt filled with happy and pretty colour and pattern. Love your hot pads, too.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great progress on your last RSC quilt. I like the final layout. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I too like your final layout of your RSC. I too enjoy beautiful sunrises. . .it is the best way to start the day!! You get to see some gorgeous ones!

MissPat said...

I think we can all figure out why you lost steam on making the blossom blocks. But you've got them done and on your way to another RSC finish which is better than I have managed. I'm glad you got the whole family together for Thanksgiving. It will indeed get harder each year.
Pat

Sandy Panagos said...

I love that you finished your RSC project even though you had lost your motivation. I would have felt locked in to using every color instead of just adding to and finishing. You are an inspiration!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

that looks so great together! those colors are very spring like!

Emma Ava said...

I want to appreciate the great work of Dr USELU, i have been diagnosed of HIV virus for 3 years, i have lose all hope that there is a cure and i have been taking medicine to sustain myself not until i got to know about Dr USELU, i contacted him and he sent me his herbal medicine which i took as prescribed by him for some days and i went to the hospital after finishing the herbal medicine. To my greatest surprise i was confirmed HIV Negative after years of being positive, it is indeed a miracle.You can contact him for help. he can also cure the following (1) BRAIN TUMOR (2) LUPUS (3) CANCER (4) HSV-1 (5) HPV (6) HERPES (7) PAD (8) DIABETES etc.. his whatsapp number: (+2347052898482)   email: dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com  his website: https://druseluherbalhome.simdif.com/