Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cutie Patootie


I thought I'd try to get one more block in this evening after bedtime for the kids. Kurt was playing volleyball so it was peaceful for a bit. This is Old Snowflake and it is block number 26.
This one was simple enough. A darker purple would have been nice in the center, but it's a nice little pattern and came together just fine. What a relief after the last two better done than perfect blocks. The seams are still a bit damp where I spritzed it to get the seam to lie flat. I think that will dry well enough.
Lizzie was helping me sew the binding down on the Girl Scout cookies quilt. She likes to be part of the action.
Most of the afternoon was spent in the kitchen keeping Sydney company while she baked. She made 7 cookies and they cook one a time for 10 minutes each. Attention span is never a problem when she is feeling motivated. Ryan wanted to know why we didn't just turn on the oven and cook them all at once.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I think I'm with Ryan on this one. Why was Sydney cooking them one at a time?

quiltingnana said...

I love star blocks...and yours is great

Retrogirl said...

Gorgeous blocks, love the fabrics! I'm not sure I have Sydney's patience...hope they were well worth the wait.
Heather =)

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

You are making great progress on your blocks. I love the way you are modeling them.

Amy said...

oh GOSH! That was us with the Easy-Bake last year at C'mas time; at one point I almost PULLED a "Ryan" ;0) It was a bit of a tease when we needed to cut ONE COOKIE into 5 pieces so everyone could try it while another cooked ;0)

Love to see you clipping away on the Midgets...

Darling Jill Quilts said...

So my question is... Who all got the 7 cookies? lol

Love that block!! And Lizzie is too cute with her helping!

Satunny said...

Plus tôt après le travail, ma femme et moi non seulement en et nous sommes allés au lit,mais ensuite j 'AI décidé de diversifier nos vies et j' AI commandé https://oesterreichischeapotheke.com/kamagra-oral-jelly-kaufen-oesterreich/ . maintenant, chaque fois que je rentre à la maison,le sexe chaud m'attend!