Friday, January 10, 2014

Jello in Space

Do you remember last year when we won the contest to send our experiment into space?  It finally went up yesterday!  I was only in on the early stages of the project, but I still felt a little emotional as we all saw the rocket blasting off into space.  My jello is on that rocket.  One of the astronauts on the international space station will be releasing the enzyme to break down the jello.  Then it will come back to us for testing and comparison to the sample we are testing on earth.  So cool!  On the downside though, this picture makes me a little sad.  Mr. Melia is in it and he passed away in August. 

6 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That is sooooo cool that your jello is in space. Do you know if the quilter Karen will be working with your jello?

Amy said...

Super cool and amazing!
I'll be staying tuned for the analysis later on ;)

Lynne said...

I think I would be emotional to think I had something to do with it too. Of course, remembering a colleague would add to the emotions!

make.share.give said...

How exciting! Isn't it great how invested we get in our school projects?

Anonymous said...

Completely cool that you have something in space. Told my hubby and he is so jealous -- he loves anything space.

Kate said...

Space jello? Very cool indeed. Drama Teen would love to be in your class.