Sunday, January 12, 2014

Picture Overload

 Sydney had a sleepover party last night.  She was up until 2:30.  She promises she isn't tired though.
 Anna has decided to make a duffel bag for lacrosse.  She is making her own quilted fabric.  I tried and tried to get a good photo, but the thread matches perfectly.  She is doing an amazing job.
 While slow stitching the binding on my Midgets, I am admiring each block.  Look at how tiny the triangles are on the pink stars.  By the time I got to quilting these, I had the hang of ruler work and tried to outline them.
 This block was a disaster when I made it.  Truly scary curved piecing, wrinkles and bumpiness.  Not so bad after quilting.
 My favorite block of the whole quilt.  Love the yellow fabric I found for the pineapple.
This was the first block I made on August 3, 2010.  What a long journey it has been.  Many of the patterns are still free at Sentimental Stitches.  Try one out, you never know where it might lead.  

6 comments:

Amy said...

This post simply makes me smile; there aren't many words I have to share that I haven't already. This is an amazing heirloom you've created. A job well done!

Deb A said...

You have created quite a masterpiece with this quilt. I hope mine comes out half as good!
I do love when they insist they are not tired and then conk out within 5 minutes.

Cathy said...

What a beautiful quilt! A true hand made heirloom. I don't dare look an any more links or projects. If I start anything else, my head will burst. LOL!

Amanda said...

Good for Anna, I hope you show us some photographs of her WIP. You're going to be so happy with this quilt once you can see it hanging up, stand back and really admire it.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous quilting on your midget blocks. I know that one day I will get mine finished and I will have a fabulous quilt too! :)

Kate said...

That quilt has lots of pretty blocks.