Sunday, January 26, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday Time

 I am amazed at how often I use all the scrapbooking supplies that I collected while I was still doing albums.  I had a nice collection of circle and oval templates that were just right for getting to photo fabric ready for reverse applique.  I tried to find the biggest size that would still fit in the diamond shapes that will go into the quilt.
 Those got traced onto freezer paper and ironed to the front of each diamond.
 I then cut out the oval with a quarter inch seam allowance and turned the edges under with a bit of disappearing school glue.
The frames are all prepped now and I am ready to settle in for a little hand applique work.  I am hoping that Netflix has some new movies to enjoy, otherwise I'll continue on with the Sherlock episodes that I discovered last Sunday following Downton Abbey.  

10 comments:

Cathy said...

That is going to be such a wonderful memory quilt when it is done! I love the Sherlock series, the one with Benedict Cumberbatch. I watched season one and two on netflix last year at about this time, and season 3 just started last week.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great idea! I was wondering how you were going to do that!
Enjoy your slow stitching today!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love how you are using reverse applique on this project.

sophie said...

Looks like those scrapbooking ovals will be perfect. I wonder if it is because of your scrapbooking experience that you even though to put frames around the photos in the quilt? It's going to look great.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a special piece this going to be.

genie said...

This quilt is going to be so special. I love that your hubby actually has taken part in its creation, too. Hope his mom does well. You are are certainly in my thoughts.

Kate said...

I couldn't quite see how you were going to place the photos, but I get it now. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Sarah said...

This is going to be very special. And if you are onto series three of Sherlock you are in for a treat, especially the last episode!!!

Sheila said...

Looking forward to seeing this quilt come together.
Love the BBC Sherlock series. Saw the first 2 seasons on Netflix. Happily they are showing season 3 Sunday nights on PBS now.

Wendy said...

Sherlock is fabulous, it's the third series, so make sure you go back and watch them all! Just a shame there's only 3 episodes to each series.