I am amazed at how often I use all the scrapbooking supplies that I collected while I was still doing albums. I had a nice collection of circle and oval templates that were just right for getting to photo fabric ready for reverse applique. I tried to find the biggest size that would still fit in the diamond shapes that will go into the quilt.
Those got traced onto freezer paper and ironed to the front of each diamond.
I then cut out the oval with a quarter inch seam allowance and turned the edges under with a bit of disappearing school glue.
The frames are all prepped now and I am ready to settle in for a little hand applique work. I am hoping that Netflix has some new movies to enjoy, otherwise I'll continue on with the Sherlock episodes that I discovered last Sunday following Downton Abbey.