Sunday, January 12, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday

 I've been slowly stitching the binding down on my Midget Block Quilt.  I'm taking the time as I go around to enjoy each block and to look for loose threads.  I'm about halfway around so far, I will get at least half of that done during Downton Abbey this evening.  No rush on this one, I'm not sure where I want it to live.  Certainly not on anyone's bed!
 Last night Suzy, from Suzy's Quilting, room came over to pick up the old platform from my Bernina.  She had mentioned that hers was broken and I got a new one when my machine was repaired.  We keep running in to each other at Eduquilters events, but we are always busy sewing and never really get to chat properly.  She had her grandson with her who hit it off with my son Ryan right away.  They wanted to play a bit so I tortured poor Suzy with a tour of my quilting room.  The boys didn't want to leave, so I started pulling out quilts.  She is working on Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter (almost the only mystery I didn't make!)  So I was showing her my Bonnie Hunter quilts, and well, one quilt lead to another...... It was so much fun to chat about quilting and discuss projects and stash.  They boys wanted to set up another time to play.  How much fun would it be to have Suzy come over and sew while the boys hang out?
Most of the day yesterday was taken up by another Lego Robotics tournament.  Since we had already gotten a bid for the regional competition next month, the pressure was off and we all had a good time.  

13 comments:

genie said...

I just love how the little blocks go around the perimeter of the big blocks. They are such an eye catcher. I had never heard of the Bonnie Hunt quilts so found her blog. My, what a fabulous list of patterns she shares. Your stack is a treat for the eyes...and I am awed by the amount of work and time that must have gone into all of them.

Denise :) said...

Ah, I see your quilt is sporting my favorite binding clips, too!! Sounds like you've got a lovely combination planned for this evening -- binding stitching and Downton Abbey! Enjoy your slow Sunday! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I have been thinking about your rainbow challenge...going through some magazines and books thinking about what I might want to do :)

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Its looking great, I'm am eagerly anticipating the finished quilt! You've inspired me to start my own midget quilt.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You got this quilted so quickly. I love binding because it does give you time to reflect all the different aspects of the quilt. Thanks for the reminder that Downton Abbey will be on tonight. I have the dvr set but I will also watch it, will have to make sure I have some slow stitching to do.

Suzy said...

Anthony and I had a blast! He talked about Ryan the whole car ride home. LOL. Thanks for your hospitality and for sharing your beautiful quilts. :o)

Quilter Kathy said...

Lucky Suzy to get a quilty tour!
I love hand stitching the binding for exactly the reason you said... to revisit the blocks and enjoy seeing your work, while clipping any stray threads.
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Kate said...

Sounds like a fun afternoon. Hope you two get a chance to have some fun with a sewing session.

Enjoy your slow stitching this evening.

Jill said...

Love your pile of quilts. How nice to have a kindred quilter nearby and the ability to have the kids hang out together is a bonus.

Deb A said...

Sounds like a great girls/boys date you had! So fun to get together with someone quilty and have some fun conversations. Enjoy your evening.

Jo said...

I think I'll stick with your 6" blocks. Well done on your midgets.

libbyquilter said...

now that is one impressive stack of quilts~!!

i hope that you managed to make good progress on your binding and enjoyed your slow stitching day.

:-)
libbyQ

Ellen said...

You have really moved along so quickly with the quilting and binding.

I bet you and Suzy had a blast...all that show and tell and quilty talk!!!