Sunday, July 27, 2014

Slow Stitch Sunday

We went to the National Zoo this morning and saw pandas and elephants
First we went up the longest escalator EVER!
The afternoon was the National Gallery of Art and the National Archives to see the constitution and Declaration of Independence

So no slow stitching today, but Friday, with 13 hours in the car, was a bonanza of hand quilting.  I got most of the bottom border done on the small DJ along with a start up one side.  The corner was a bit tricky to turn, and there are a few extra marks, but I think once those are washed away, it will look great.  I had planned to mark the entire border before we left on our trip, but packing and laundry pulled me away, so I'll try to mark the rest before we head home again.  I'm using a white clover pen and it seems to stick around pretty well.
Fruit picking in the morning with a trip to Mt Vernon.  

12 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love visiting DC. Mount Vernon was spectacular! So much to see there. Very touched when I saw the Vietnam Wall as I grew up with that in the news. To see the Constitution made my heart beat faster. It is great to get away especially if we can spend time with family.

Rebecca in AK said...

Sounds like you are having a great trip! Except maybe the 13 hours in the car! Looks like you made substantial quilting progress!

Rebecca in AK said...

I forgot to say what a beautiful family you have! You are blessed!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on surviving 13 hours in the car... and on making progress on your border quilting!

Bonnie said...

Great choices of what to see in DC. Sometime you come up you should check with the Smithsonian about behind the scenes tours of the quilt collection. You must make reservations but it is well worth it, although the guys might not like it as much as you will!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I am so jealous you can stitch in the car! It makes me violently ill to do anything. You were so productive!

Lilian Pilar said...

que gran paseo familiar.
tu quilt precioso, en tonos azules maravillosos

newsurfiegirl said...

I hope you enjoyed your trip! Great job on the binding too.

Happy stitching

Andee said...

Beautiful! Nice to make some family memories and have time to hand sew too!

Deb A said...

You always do such great family trips! Hope you had a great time in DC and safe travels home.

Deb A said...

Officially stalking the blog today to find out the color for August.... so if you see lots of traffic today it is just me =)

Kat Scribner said...

LOL Deb. I've been stalking for a few days on the lookout for the color for august. i see green again. it must be light green this time???