Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stars in Sunshine and Shadow

 Yesterday afternoon I sewed the blocks together for Aunt Brenda's quilt.  After dinner I put on the border.
This morning I pieced a back out of this batik snowflake fabric along with a bit of extra backing fabric.  I just need to make up some binding and a label so that I can send it off for hand quilting.  I'm thinking of scrappy batiks for the binding.  Mainly because I don't have anything except what is left from this project.
Looking at the 6 inch center part of the square, I am thinking this would make a stunning sampler quilt with 6 inch blocks in each of the stars.  24 blocks, 2 per month for a year.  Maybe next year.    

8 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

It's beautiful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous! I love how the border pops up the colours.
Great idea for next year!

Elaine Adair said...

This is a beauty! Love the diff. backgrounds, and how they gently add more to the finished product. I've like to make this one as well! Good inspiration for me.

Vicki W said...

That's a really pretty quilt!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

What a brilliant idea for a sampler quilt. I've always wanted to do one but had problems with the reduced uniformity. Putting the sampler blocks in the middle of the same block would go a long way towards fixing that.

Ellen said...

Wonderful!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking quilt. Love how scrappy it is.

Kate said...

The dark border really frames the blocks nicely. Congrats on getting it almost ready to go off for quilting. That's always such a good feeling.