Sunday, January 25, 2015

Crumby Sunday

 I pulled out the crumb jar today and just played.  It was glorious!  As busy as it has been lately, having a bit of mindless sewing was just what I needed.  I squared up the bits that were big enough to 6.5 inches, and the ones that weren't are all 4.5 inches or diamonds now.  Maybe next year I'll try tumbler blocks?
 There were a few more postage stamp stars sitting by the machine, so I worked them in as well.
 Kurt made it back safely from India.  With very careful planning, he managed not to get sick, but even so, he came home tired and hungry!  He said there were cows everywhere, wandering the streets and blocking traffic.  It is wonderful to have him back again, not just because he mowed the yard today either.  He has another quick trip tomorrow, but hopefully after that he can stay home for a bit.
We've been having marathon sessions of Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit.  I had to sneak out to work yesterday morning and Anna sent this photo of everyone in jail.  Such a bunch of criminals!  It is 9 here and everyone else is already off to sleep.  I don't think I'm long behind, but I'll enjoy the rest of Downton Abbey first with a bit on applique to keep my hands busy.    

13 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Don't you just love crumb block playing. So much fun and so many ways to use them.

Sheila said...

Love your blue crumb blocks. Stars, too. You go girl.

Vicki W said...

I have a couple bins of crumb pieces and need to do some crumb blocks. It's such therapeutic sewing!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh! Downton Abbey!!! I almost forgot!!! Good think I have it taped :*) Love your crumb blocks - aren't they SO relaxing and fun??? And it's nice to see those crumbs start disappearing. Not that I can really tell a difference yet, but I'm hoping ....

Nell's Quilts said...

Great crumb blocks. Have you watched Grantchester following Downtown Abbey. Sidney really is a very cute vicar and so adept at solving crimes. This series I think is meant to replace Inspector Lewis in the mystery spot.

Marly said...

Nice crumb blocks. I just sorted my crumbs yesterday, maybe this is what I should do with them to make them usable.

Kate said...

Glad you got in some down time at the sewing machine. The blocks look great.

My Guy used to have to travel internationally, but he'd be gone for 3 and 4 weeks at a time. I'm glad those days are over. He's still gone for 2 and 3 weeks at a time, but it's usually somewhere in the US which for some reason isn't as bad.

Margaret said...

Love your crumbs. I'm new to that game, and have yet to create anything of the right size and shape to use with other things to create a block. Ah, well; I guess it takes practice. If you have crumb tips, I'd appreciate 'em! :-)

Andee said...

Games with the kids are always fun! When my kids were here for Christmas we played Dutch Blitz..I hooked them on it!

Laura said...

I love your postage stamp stars! You are putting a lot of your crumbs to use too! Way to go!

Amy said...

What a fun post; it's a great reminder that there NEED to be times for 'just family - no work!'

And sorry, but your "not just because he mowed today" comment made me double check the date you wrote this----had I accidently clicked somewhere to a summer post???
HA!
Such different environments you and I live in ;)
Mowing....in January! Inconceivable :D

Dasha said...

What a lovely bunch of scraps! Love those stars - might have to pinch that idea. LOL

Dasha said...

Oh and I forgot to say that our family is nuts about board games. Our current fav is a new Christmas one called Carcasonne. Good for the oldies as well as the younger ones.
Another really good one is Sequence, but the 8 yo needs help.