Saturday, January 10, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday -- Still Feeling Blue?

I had SO many blue scraps that I started out by sorting them into three piles.  Baby blue, regular blue, and indigo blues.  Then I stuck the light and dark piles back into bags to think about later and nicely ironed the regular blues.  I trimmed what I could into 1.5, 2 and 2.5 inch strips and squares and then tossed the rest into crumbs or strings.  So many fun blocks are hiding in these piles.  Can't wait to start playing.  I've seen lots of beautiful blue blocks coming out so far.  It is one of those colors that tries to take over the stash and the scrap basket.  I hope everyone is making a dent and taming the piles.
Just in case you need some more blue fabric to play with, I've done the random drawing for January's hand dyed blue fabric from Vicki Welsh.  There were 102 comments on the color announcement post!  A brand new record for sure.  Thanks to the kind folks at Random.org, Pamela Arbour is the lucky winner this month.  She is new to the challenge, which is great.  Welcome!  Pamela, please e-mail me directly with your snail mail, and I will ship off your envelope.

I'll be sewing tomorrow, today I'm at school with this basket of toys so the kids can prepare for science olympiad next weekend.  So many fun things they could build.
Use misterlinky below to keep us all up to date on your progress.






23 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Thank you for continuing RSC in 2015...fun times!!

Julierose said...

Bit by bit my blocks are growing...this is a lot of fun; thanks for hosting...hugs, Julierose

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I have always liked the Card Trick block, but never tried it. You gave great instructions - thanks!

Deb A said...

Card trick is on tap for tomorrow with cleaning the house and packing! Good luck next weekend.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Both of our boys participated in Science Olympiad - older son went to the state level with his egg drop . . . he's in his 30s now, but still loves to tell some of the stories!

Unknown said...

I'm new to RSC just want to say Hi to everyone and look forward to the challange.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I agree - Blue really multiplys -but looks good in somany quilts!!!

Enjoy your sewing with kids time!

Scrappy quilter said...

Congrats to the winner. It's interesting because I don't have many blues. It's not a colour I use lots of. Don't know why, just never much pick it out when shopping for material. I'm starting to really enjoy using it though so may have to make a trip to the quilt shop later in the year (if not sooner).

Sheila said...

Love your big collection of blue scraps! Thank you for taking on another year of the RSC. This will be my forth year playing along. I'm behind on your sampler stars but hope to catchup this week.

Katie Z. said...

Thank you for another fun year! I love to look at monochromatic array of projects in the link up.

Ellen said...

I agree, I have seen so many wonderful quilt blocks already this year!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Happy to be back at cleaning out the scrap bins. Thanks again for your leadership.

Jennie in GA said...

Thx for encouraging my use of the specialty rulers!

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

I had fun with this week's block and I can see some variation that could be applied. My block is one of those variations.How I did it I don't know but it happened. It is all fun learning.

Quilter Kathy said...

This link up has a ton of blue projects and blocks to enjoy! I'm just back from a work conference, so I'm behind a wee bit, especially in terms of having fun in the sewing room!

Cathy said...

I changed mine a little bit but really love it. Thanks for hosting. I love stars so I'm really looking forward to this project.

Andee said...

So true..blue is trying to take over in my quilting studio too! I force myself not to buy it because I know I have PLENTY! I have yet to start these blue blocks but soon...soon!

Nanna said...

ohhh I've gotta get my blues on lol!

Helen

Nanna said...

it's just me again lol I went back through the intro & noticed the linky was for every Sat. & was wondering are we doing a color a week? or a color a month?

Helen

Kate said...

I have lots of blues too, that set of scraps just seems to grow on it's own.

Nanette said...

got my first blues done and posted on my blog, despite outages of internet coverage because the tower was damaged in a storm, bit of nail biting waiting to see if my post was lost. I see now the linky thing has gone on this post, and don't understand the message about being platinum and upgrading?

Anonymous said...

My kids did Science Olympiad and loved it! What a great program.

Gerrison said...

Guys, how do you feel about LGBT destinations? What do you think about non-traditional sexual orientation in men and women? I think that's okay and even recently found a cool read review site about gay slang. It's interesting and who wants to see it too, be sure to check out this blog. Good luck!