Thursday, January 28, 2021

Dear Jane Marathon day

I took a day off of work yesterday and decided to sew.   Its been busy and I just needed a breather.   The blocks that are left on Dear Jane at this point are mostly tricky in some way.  This one is called tumbling blocks and has all these inset seams!  I will do English Paper piecing on this one for sure.   
Then there is this one, it was simple enough, I don't know why it waited so long.   I think there are three more to go?   Two need some hand work and I just didn't get to the third by the time everyone came home.   I ran out of freezer paper, and spent the day running around the house finding other things to use instead.   I think I finished only three blocks completely, but two more are well underway.  

I'm usually pretty done by the end of the day right now.  I get home in time to walk the dog and start dinner and then I'm usually ready to collapse.  Seeing the finish line though, I will have to try to make some progress even on school days.  I think I'm settling back into a pattern again with the new semester.

Anna is back at school in time for class "shopping" and Ryan is all settled in with 2 and a half in person classes!   Sydney is glad to be back to brick and mortar, the online learning was OK for a while, but it started to take an emotional toll over time.  
 

13 comments:

Susie H said...

Glad to hear the kids are getting back to a bit of in-person school. Good for you taking care of yourself too. That green & white block is beautiful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea for EPP - I did mine all hand piecing but now that I know EPP as well it would have worked much better

Chris said...

I think I appliqued that first one.

Sara said...

You took a mental health day to sew - good for you!! I have double my usual student load this final semester. The check at the end of the semester will be nice, but it will be a tough semester. Those blocks are amazing when finished. Quite a challenge I'm guessing!

Kathy S. said...

Your Dear Jane blocks are very impressive. It will definitely be a keepsake.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those triangle Dear Jane blocks are really something! It sounds like you could use every piecing technique you know on some of them. That's really going to be an amazing accomplishment! The first weeks back after a break are tough - take good care of yourself!

Deb A said...

Sew glad you took a mental health day. It has been a crazy year with changes every quarter (ok, week, day, hour!). Glad some sewing therapy helped.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like you needed to stitching time!!! This is a gorgeous block!

Maggie said...

Our neighbours kids have had enough of online school, they just want to be back at school. Even adults miss their commute to work. Dear Jane looks amazing, looking forward to your top.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! Those DJ blocks are intense, Angela! Best of luck with everyone back at school. Here's hoping the semester goes well.

Mari said...

A mental health day well used! Can't wait to see the finish of this fabulous quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those look tough. Everyone needs a day off to recover. Glad you got one.

Unknown said...

I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ose  who helped me in my life, i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by dr Ose spiritual, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how dr Ose spiritual cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from dr Ose spirirtual healing spell cure of all kinds of sickness you may have. penis enlargement
Remember delay in treatment leads to death email him @ {oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com}
https://www.facebook.com/Dr-odion-spell-temple-110513923938220/