Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Sewing

 

I might be done with all the pink this month.  I'm having urges to start a string quilt, but I won't always have as much time to sew as I do right now, and I shouldn't start more than I can finish.  Yesterday I got the green lattice blocks sewn to go between the flower blocks and made some more stars and shooflies.   I've been making a few more pink hexies while watching TV with the girls in the evenings.   We are working our way slowly through Schitt's Creek.  Ryan didn't want to watch with us, but he is back at school now, so I think we might have some more hexie stitching evenings in store.  I've been trying to encourage everyone not to hang out alone in their own rooms all the time, but I haven't had much luck so far.  
It was too chilly this weekend for beach walking, so we settled for looking at the beach while walking the dog.   I think it will be warm again during the week, and then cold just in time for next weekend.  Funny how that always seems to be the way of things.  Next weekend we have an extra day for MLK and then we will start a new semester.  That makes this week exams, so it will be full of busy days.  I think I'll find a nice movie that I've already seen and spend some time putting those pink hexies together into a row.   First though, I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts and Oh Scrap!  So many new quilts getting started in the new year, and lots of great quilts getting finished up from last year.   Seeing other people finishing quilts is almost as fun as finishing them yourself.  

11 comments:

Chris said...

I love watching movies I've seen before and look forward to what I know is coming and enjoying it all over again. Great for hand stitching too. Have you seen The Dressmaker? with Kate Winslet? Totally different role for her and quite unexpected story line.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a pretty pink design wall, Angela! String blocks are always appealing, too. I sure love your view - no matter what the weather is. Have a good week!

Kim said...

A good movie is always a treat to revisit again and again. I must say I love all your pink gorgeousness. What a beautiful quilt this is going to be.

Mayleen said...

Beautiful pink blocks! I especially like the star blocks. Like you, I'm trying to resist starting a new quilt project.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love all that pink on your design wall. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Susie H said...

I started watching Schitt's Creek while my daughter was visiting over Christmas. Pretty funny stuff but still getting acquainted with the characters. Daughter says that Season 2 is really funny! Hope your family comes out of their rooms to spend time with one another. Too depressing to stay all cooped up!

Maggie said...

Encouraging everyone to be spending some time together in one room, it takes a bit of work from the whole tribe. Meals is a start, then playing board games, which the kids started to round us all up to come and play. Walking in nature to clear those stuffy cobwebs. In the beginning it was more effort, now it is just normal. Getting the family on one page is worth those teething problems, so just do a little more of a push in the tight direction. They will yank you later...

Nancy in IN said...

Great job. Stay safe. Nancy

Holly in Indiana said...

Grands and I are watching the Ernest movies. New to them, their parents were their age when they were mew. Just funny goofy clean. Jim Varneys agent was my driver to the airport last year. He had a short funny life.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that pink block wall of creativeness!
I am also trying to encourage people to come out of their rooms and maintain some communication skills!

Deb said...

Wow that is a lot of pink blocks! I am also working on a pink quilt for a 2 year old ! Sew much fun! Stay safe down there in Florida! I hope we all stay healthy and hope to visit Florida next year!