Monday, January 1, 2024

New Year and a New Rainbow

 


It is a new month and a new year, which means a new color to begin a new set of rainbow blocks.  I always like to start the year off with a "big" color while people are feeling energetic with new beginnings.  This year will be all about green.  Fresh as the anticipation of spring in the depths of winter.

My dark green hexie row is so close to being sewn together.   We had two long car trips over the holidays, first to North Carolina to spend time with Kurt's family and then to the cabin for our own family Christmas.  It won't take long to get the last few white connecting sections put together and then the row can be assembled.   

What are your plans for the new year?  New blocks and quilts or finishing the ongoing collections?   

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

finishing what I start - start new projects - try to stay healthy above all else and no stress-fractures this year!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy New Year, Angela! Thanks for the fun challenge to use up our scraps one color at a time all year long. Green sounds like the perfect place to start!

Sara said...

Happy New Year!! You read my mind with the choice of green because that is the scrap bin that's overflowing the most right now. My 2024 plan - continue having fun with lots of different blocks, and then make those quilts as the blocks accumulate. Thanks for hosting this every year!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the new color and starting with a BIG one to build enthusiasm for the year. I'm trying something new for 2024. I've toyed with the idea of making a quilt top in each Color of the Month for quite some time, but I think I've found the pattern to help me make it happen! Wishing you a Happy New Year, Angela!

Kate said...

Happy New Year! I'll be working on finishing off an ongoing collection.

Susie H said...

Your hexies are looking good! I plan on starting a couple new quilts and also finishing up a couple from past RSC years. Thanks, Angela!