Sunday, January 7, 2024

Slow Stitching Sunday - Hexagon Progress.


 It is only January 7th and the green row for my hexie diamond quilt is done!  It looks like I will need 5 more aqua blocks, so that should not take too long.  The rows are about 58 inches in length, and with borders will probably round up to 60.   I am starting to think about how I will square up the edges and border the quilt.   Then I will need to decide about brown, black and neutral rows.  I think it might be nice with a little more length, but there is time to figure that out as the rows continue to come together.     

I did a ton or organizing in the sewing room yesterday.  I had some extra drawer organizers that I bought for my desk at work.  Also some tiny boxes for pins and such.   I ordered a label maker, so soon I will remember how many kinds of pins I have.   The flat head ones seem to disappear, and I hate it when the short pins get mixed in with the long pins.  I have been trying to clear out everything from the old sewing room upstairs.  We took the two youngest back to school yesterday and getting the "guest" rooms back into shape again is going to be a process.  
The kids picked out a baby blue for upstairs when we moved in, and I have never been happy with it.   So far we have two shades of grey darker than the Balboa Mist that is downstairs, and one shade darker than the Sea Salt that is in the main bedroom.  It has been rainy here, so it is hard to get a good idea of what they will look like, but I will ponder the options for a while longer.  Today I will start with woodwork and touch up from things that got dinged in the hallways as we were moving things in and out.  I should be careful not to get too carried away as tomorrow is back to work day.  Putting on real pants and dress shoes again is going to be a big adjustment.   
Before I start to deal with all of that, I will have to go and check out Slow Stitching Sunday and see the other long and slow stitching projects in the new year.  



5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your hexies they are looking really good - if I wasn't already doing one hexie quilt I think I would be making a rainbow one as well!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have loved seeing your hexie project evolve this last year! It's going to be a beautiful quilt. Have fun (!) with your painting project today!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your hexie project looks great! Lots of hexies. Very colourful! Have a good week at work.

Kate said...

Your hexie project is really coming together. Organization is always a chore, but you feel so much better once it's done. Hopefully this week back isn't too bad.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on your drawer organization, Angela! Best of luck with the paint selection and the transition back to "real pants" and dress shoes.