Any directions that start with a request to measure 14 squares 1 and 3/8 inches and cut them in half to yield 24 HST pieces is bound to lead to trouble. I pieced as carefully as I could and tried to iron gingerly, but the toes of the bear paw turned out considerably larger than the paw portion. If I were smart or patient I would have measured carefully and fixed it before sewing the different parts together. The bus was coming though, and I wanted to get it done before the kids got home from school.
The little toes are all turned the wrong way as well as being ruffled and uneven. While the kids were doing there homework I drafted a paper piecing pattern. Maybe that will give me better results.
The girls and I worked on a puzzle together while it rained yesterday. Tropical storm Nicole turned to the east and we didn't see much more than a heavy rain. We found a puzzle with three sizes of pieces all together. I worked on the small while Sydney did the large and Anna tried the medium. Anna gave up pretty quickly, but Sydney finished up for her and then helped me with mine.