Sunday, September 12, 2010

Scraptashtophy


I really like this pattern. I always have trouble though, when I mix in random scraps without some sort of theme to tie it all together. Some sort of background fabric could have helped to give the colors a little space to breathe. Almost anything colors look good with enough white mixed in. I think the same pattern would be a cute way to use a nicely coordinated jelly roll. Rather than agonize over a failed experiment, I'm just going to use some big blue triangles to frame it all out and call it done. The kids will love a nice snuggly quilt to cuddle up with in the toy room.

4 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I think it looks great! A true scrappy quilt! :)

Amanda said...

I agree with jillquilts, I think it looks great just as it is.

LuAnn said...

I like it, and I can really see the definite vertical and horizontal lines. But, I understand what you mean....I like scrappy as long as it is controlled!!!!

Candace said...

this is going to be a wonderful scrappy cozy quilt. It must feel like working with primary blocks after doing all those midgets.