Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Mole Day

For everyone that doesn't teach or take high school Chemistry, today is mole day! At 6:02 a.m. we began our celebration of Avogadro and his number which allows for the conversion of grams to atoms or molecules.

After the Mole Day fun, we had a signing ceremony for one of my students who is going on to play basketball at the college level next year. He gave a moving speech where he thanked his teammates and his mom and left us all choked up in the audience.
I have still been going to Anna's school on Friday afternoons to do science labs. Today was physical and chemical changes. Then Ryan had tryouts for Lego Robotics after school and I stayed to help out with that. By the time I got home at the end of the day I was done. I can't remember the last time I took a nap, but it sure felt good.
While I didn't have a lot of motivation to sit at the sewing machine tonight, I did pull out my Elm Creek Quilt to work on a bit of hand quilting while watching a movie with the kids. Kurt was kind enough to take Anna to her ice skating practice, and I was happy to have a bit of time to relax.

4 comments:

LuAnn said...

The Lego Robitics sounds fun. My kids both enjoyed chemistry. I hope the hand quilting was relaxing this evening. The quilt is gorgeous. Love what I can see of it...hope to see more.

Amy said...

how amazing for your BB player! Such a proud moment!

I can't wait to see your quilt finished; the blocks alone are amazing, and now hand-quilting.....it'll be a treasure!

Janet said...

Sounds like you deserved a short nap. Life is so busy with kids heading all different directions. I didn't sew a thing or read a book for quite a few years and I only had 2 girls. Of course, we lived 30 miles from everywhere. Enjoy it--it goes by fast. I love the Elm Creek quilt--how nice that it will be hand quilted. I'm always amazed by how much you get done.

Pip said...

You do keep busy, I find doing things by hand, whether quilting or a bit of stitchery is quite relaxing, it encourages you to slow down.