Saturday, January 4, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Sampler -- Attic Window

 I got a new quilting catalog in the mail this morning and this block caught my eye.  Simple, visually appealing, easily divisible in a 6 inch block.  So I went straight from the mailbox to the 2.5 inch strip drawer and found a light medium and dark blue fabric.
 Cutting was quick and easy:
1. 2.5 inch square of light blue
2. 2.5 inch square of medium blue
3. 2.5 by 4.5 inch rectangle of medium blue
4. 2.5 by 4.5 inch rectangle of dark blue
5. 2.5 by 6.5 inch rectangle of dark blue

Sew the pieces together in numerical order as listed above.
Sew pieces 1 and 2 together. Press toward medium square.
Sew rectangle 3 to this unit.  Press toward rectangle
Sew rectangle 4 to this subunit making sure to sew to the side with the seam, not the solid side.  Press to rectangle
Sew rectangle 5 to the side which is medium and dark, not the side with all three colors.
Your finished block should look like this.  Super cute an super fast, my favorite kind of block.  

7 comments:

Sheila said...

I like this block, too. Makes me think of a flower.

Ellen said...

Another cutie!

Deb A said...

Oh man..... So many of these would look great as one block quilts! You are killing me here =). As she goes off to pull some blue fabrics to sew this little one up.

Sarah said...

I'm falling behind already. Only done the roman stripe block! Yikes better get on! Lol!

Karen said...

I made all three of the blocks today. I am excited. I am caught up. Thanks for some extra incentive to use up my scraps.

Kate said...

I finished Half Square Triangles last night. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up this weekend.

make.share.give said...

This is the one I definitely need to try.