Sunday, January 26, 2014

Take 2

I've been wanting to try a zig zag quilt with no diagonal seams.  I remembered seeing one on Crazy Mom Quilts at some point in the past.  So I googled it.  There is a nice little tutorial here.  Of course, in her example, all of the alternate rows are the same fabric.  That would have made things much simpler.  I wanted three shades of grey to graduate down the quilt which meant making two strip sets for each yellow.  There is a bit leftover, but it wasn't too hard to puzzle together once I had the idea started.  I'm going to add a narrow band of dark grey at the top and a wider band of light grey at the bottom.  Maybe even a duck.  Maybe I'll just quilt a duck.  In any case, after the original failed attempt, this one came together quite quickly.  I'm going to go finish sewing the rows so that I can get back to my mother in laws anniversary quilt.  Kurt is starting to wonder why it is taking so long.  

9 comments:

Ellen said...

Very nice!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Great design - and grey is hard to work with. I bought a few yards a year and a half ago to try out a "modern" look in my quilting and it is still sitting there, being ignored.Good job making the best out of a less than ideal situation.

Deb A said...

Great solution! Hope you meet the anniversary quilt deadline.

sophie said...

Love this!

Andee said...

This looks great! You are amazing!

make.share.give said...

This is quite nice too!

Kate said...

I like the zigzag quilt. Looks like the perfect solution to your problem with the first attempt.

Wendy said...

it's looking great, love the design. Definitely add a duck though. (??!??!!!)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love the color combo!