Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mid Year Celebration!

Today marks the middle point of 2014.  We are marking the occasion with a parade of rainbow scrap projects so far.  It is too much to pull out all the rainbow blocks each month to enjoy the growing color collection.  It is nice however, to have an occasional gathering of the group to get a feel for where things are going.
So here are my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler blocks so far.  I've worked ahead a bit, so don't worry if you see a few blocks that haven't been posted quite yet.  Looking at the photo, I'm thinking that I might have cheated pink and purple a little bit.  Those were busy school months and I'm not sure the balance is right quite yet.  There is an upper corner where the red will go, and then a bit of space for darks.  Still a couple more months to do though, and I have plans for those too.
 Mai Tai has been in the works for a bit now.  I've got quite a few nine patches done, but they need frames and then I'll start on the alternate star pinwheel blocks.

 These are the baby nine patches with a few alternate blocks in the works.  I'll keep working on these for quite a while I think.
Don't forget Dear Jane!   She needs just two more blocks which are sure to be finished today.  Tropical storm Arthur is churning off the coast, meaning a damp gusty day for us.  Sounds like a perfect day to get some serious sewing done.  We are back from morning lifting, and I really do need to get some groceries, but other than that, sewing is the plan.

How are your projects progressing so far?  Use misterlinky to share your collection so far and let us know what colors you are hoping for in the second half of the year.




17 comments:

Angie said...

Looking forward to seeing everyone's RSC inspiration when I get home from work tonight!

Marly said...

I'm hoping for pure orange, yellow-orange, and red-orange as separate colours, and maybe red-violet (I would call that mauve), although I think I used some of that in my purple blocks.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Gina said...

Looking at the scraps I've got left, novelty fabrics would be good.
I've done page on my blog where I'm charting my progress on the mammoth quilt

Amy said...

Oh my COLOR! So many colorful projects underway! Today is definitely a day to enjoy with some quilting; here too. Overcast and cold (55 degrees). BUT, I have crochet on the docket first.
Bonnie has QuiltCam up tonight; I'm planning on watching. You?

Jo said...

Wow, your blocks and quilt is amazing. Only 2 blocks...fantastic. You have done so many....

Quiltdivajulie said...

I didn't pull out all of my various bits and pieces . . . but I am sharing a gloriously scrappy rainbow quilt today - one mostly pieced by my friend Lynne Tyler of The Patchery Menagerie). She used crumbs and scraps from her Accessory Boxes for the blocks (no yardage). Pattern was Missing U from Sunday Morning Quilts. We finished the top together and she has gifted it to me - the rest of the story is in the blog post. Enjoy!

Vicki W said...

I missed yellow but hope to catch up with yellow and red by the end of this month.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the way you are arranging all those little blocks. This is going to be another great quilt. I have really enjoyed all the links today. Thanks for hosting.

Deb A said...

My goodness you have so many projects in the works! Lots of sunny colors to look at today as you are under gloomy sky's. I need some groceries today too - never got to it yesterday.

Needled Mom said...

Your rainbows are as pretty as nature's rainbows.

Barb said...

Both quilts are so fun...love the different colors (scrappiness)

Quilter Kathy said...

That is pure gorgeousness right there! Love all your projects... love love! DOn't have time this week to sort myself out, but hope to do so once holidays start.

Dasha said...

What a WONDERFUL array of rainbow blocks you have Angela! They are awesome. And the Dear Jane looks fabulous. What patience you have.

Katie Z. said...

This is a fabulous link up. I love looking at all the thumbnails together, as there is so much great color!

Kate said...

You have lots of beautiful rainbow projects. I've enjoyed the scrap challenge sampler this year. Now I just have to get caught up.

KatieQ said...

Having a mid year post was a great idea. Pulling together all of the RSC projects I started this year really made me feel good about using up my scraps and old stash. Thanks for the inspiration.

KatieQ said...

Having a mid year post was a great idea. Pulling together all of the RSC projects I started this year really made me feel good about using up my scraps and old stash. Thanks for the inspiration.