Thursday, February 25, 2021

Plodding Through

I pieced together all of the extra batting strips to have enough to load the framed nine patches up for quilting.   As soon as it was ready to go, the new roll of batting arrived to our front door, so the next quilt will be easier to prepare.   I think that I have two more rows to go on this one, but it is late for  a school night.  Binding will be a nice project for the weekend.  I have a training session that the state of Florida has mandated for all teachers so that we can be "Mental Health First Aiders". While it is a nice idea to support kids, my mental health will not be improved by spending 6 hours on Saturday on a ZOOM session.   I did finish my mandatory homework though.   There always seems to be something new to add to the list.   

Lacrosse season has started and so we are spending two nights a week at games.   I'm trying to get just a little bit of sewing done on other evenings though.  I got a few hexies sewn while I was doing on online tutoring session Tuesday.   Then I got a few more blocks quilted  tonight while waiting for a batch of cookies to come out of the oven.  Pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough, but still so tasty.     I feel like Monday and Wednesday there were games, and so that is the week so far.    

We sent home another big batch of kids for quarantine on Monday.  It had been so calm for a while that we were all starting to feel like it was a getting better.   My test came back negative though, and Sydney's as well!  Hopefully numbers will continue to decline and we can start to take reclaim little bits of normal.   The sun is just starting to peek over the horizon as I leave for work each morning.  It feels good to watch the days getting longer.  

13 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Your quilting looks gorgeous! At least you will bind something beautiful during your six hour Zoom meeting. Holy Cow! That sounds like something that would be better suited for a personal development day if you ask me--not a Saturday.
Woohoo for lacrosse! I bet your kid is a star! Bummer about the big batch of kids sent out for quarantine again. Most of the school districts in our area of Ohio have gotten their first round of vaccines. Don't know if Florida did that for the teachers as well. My husband and I are anti-vaccine. We don't even get the flu shot. It's just a personal choice.

maggie fellow said...

the quilting looks great - anxious to see the whole thing

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I have wondered if I'm spending the winter on the other side of those trees. I'm on Cocoa Beach and our view looks about the same in reverse. It was a perfect painting this morning.

Sara said...

What a beautiful view you have.

I'm trying to be optimistic here as our county numbers have dropped dramatically in the past month. But it sure seems like vaccinations are going slowly. My age group is eligible (65-70) but I'm still on the waiting list with no date in sight.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

They are always adding more to teachers' plates, aren't they? I'm sorry you have to spend your Saturday on Zoom. Glad you're staying safe and getting some time to sew even! Your sunrise photos are always beautiful!

Twyla said...

I am always thankful for your landscape pictures. Well your info is great. The sunrise if so nice. So sorry that the powers that be see nothing wrong with adding to YOUR mental health stress level. But, thank you for being such a conscientious teacher.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful pink sunrise, Angela! Best of luck on finishing up the quilting this weekend.

Ivani said...

I like the eye candy and love the way you are quilting it.
Take care and be safe.

Susie H said...

Thank goodness for lacrosse AND QUILTING! And let's not forgot beautiful sunrises & sunsets. Sorry you have 6 hours of Zoom on a Saturday. I don't know how you don't fall asleep during such long sessions. I tend to doze during a 2 hour guild meeting and I'm excited about the meeting! Smile, Angela. That in itself helps to relieve stress.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness... how counter intuitive is that?!?!
Mandatory overtime (and homework!) for hard working folks who are tired and need a weekend break! Unbelievable!

Deb A said...

The kids don't seem to like the mandatory mental health lessons in school either. Bummer on a 6 hour weekend training session. Hopefully you will have a binding to be stitching down. Sounds like a busy week for you. I think we had a lot of kids sent home (1/16th of the school) the last 2 weeks.

Wendy F said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful views! Your bordered 9-patches looks great, looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Marcus Steve said...

I'm super excited to tell the public that I have been permanently cured from herpes by Dr Agbomina . I had herpes for years but everyone told me that there was no cure to it and every doctor I contacted failed to cure me until I contacted Dr Agbomina , he placed me on diet and also sent his medicine to me and today I'm free and my lab test confirmed it. You can contact Dr Agbomina via his WhatsApp +234(805)049-5479 or email: dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com You can visit his Website at https://dragbonherbalmedic.wixsite.com/welcometodoctoragbon