I started framing out the yellow crumb blocks with white and black borders. The blocks are 4 inches, and the frames are 1.5. The end result is a 6 inch framed block. Each row is separated with strips of the opposite color which should visually link the alternating rows. I grabbed a couple of pink blocks as well to see the combination. I will need some half blocks for the offset rows, but I think I am enjoying how this will come together. I'll do some math and then make decisions about how many blocks to make each month. There are still some yellow crumb chunks hanging out in the strings, but I started to sort through it all last night and had a little ironing party while I was listening to an audio book. I'm thinking of calling this Interlinked.
Our bathroom tile has started to come together. I convinced Kurt to hire a contractor, which is really hard for him to do. He has been super busy at work though, and the remodel we wanted to do was beyond our skill level. So far Dave has had to build up the floor and level it under where the jacuzzi tub used to be and then replace all the backerboard with waterproof versions. He took out the raised box that used to hold the shower and moved the shower plumbing to remove a wall. He made the nook and installed the smart shower control unit.
It is starting to feel like spring here. After several chilly weeks, it is so nice to enjoy fresh air and sunshine again.