Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Little Loggies


 I pulled out the these mini log cabin blocks yesterday to add a few more yellows to the mix.  Each block finishes at 2.5 inches and has 13 pieces.  This one is absolutely what could best be described as a long term project.   All People Quilt shows 30 different layouts, but without the traditional names.  Quilt Social has the traditional names for the more basic arrangements.   The Spruce Crafts also has a nice show of different layouts in actual quilts. I started with the idea of Sunshine and Shadows, but now I am pondering a nice Barn Raising design, or perhaps a Spiral.   Any design that could be achieved with half square triangle blocks, could also happen with log cabin blocks.  Coffee Rings Studio has a nice post with HST layout ideas.   Those asymmetrical diamonds are pretty close to what was swirling through my mind in the wee hours of the morning.   
There is still plenty of time to continue to ponder that decision.  I don't think I have enough of any one color to worry yet about how many I will need.  Still time in February for a few more yellows.  I found lots of great partial crumb blocks hiding in the string bin, so it will be fun to add those to the wall as well.   

15 comments:

Shah Sazib said...

Wonderful quilt!

Marianne said...

Wow! That's going to be amazing, however you arrange the blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, that is amazing! 2.5 inch log cabins with 13 pieces each - love them! And I really like the layout you're showing on your design wall, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful - love it

Sara said...

I had to reread your post twice before I actually realized just how small these blocks are. Wow! Log cabins do lend themselves to lots of options for layouts. Have fun playing with them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

As you know, I love to quilt small, but 13 pieces in a 3 inch square? That sounds over-the-top TINY!! Are these paper pieced, Angela? LOVE the Off-Center Barn Raising set that you are auditioning! Thanks for the links you provided.

Maggie said...

That is small. It will look amazing together and finished. Here my family thought my blocks was small.. Will have to show them your blocks.

Cheryll said...

Those tiny logs are impressive to say the least...xox

Kathy S. said...

Wow! I remember when I found your blog during Tiny Tuesdays years ago. I was always amazed with your tiny blocks. Beautiful!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Angela, I love your teeny log cabins. Bravo

Ivani said...

Oh my Gosh your mini log cabin blocks are really tiny.

Helenchaffin said...

Oh my goodness I cant imagine 2&1/2" log cabin blocks😄 that's amazing!

Maria said...

Oh ! They look amazing but too challenging for me....🤔

Susie H said...

Little Loggies? I think maybe Tiny Twiggies would be more like it! Ha! Very pretty but itsy bitsy for sure.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I love them!!