Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sunday Progress

 

I saved out the bigger scraps while ironing some strings for little log cabin blocks.   I will work on those during virtual tutoring from 4 to 5.  I used to have extra help available during our lunch hour at school, but we have three lunches now and so we have been having online sessions on Sundays instead.  There is no way to know how many people there will be, or when they will come, so having something nearby will help pass the time if there are lags.  

My main goal today was to finish this quilt for Kurt's friend from work.   It took most of the afternoon yesterday and 37 flights of stairs to get everything assembled and ready to go.  By that time I was too tired to quilt!
So first thing this morning I decided to jump in.   I was about halfway done when my top thread ran out!  Well that put a bit of a damper on things.  I had another spool which was the same color, but it was much thicker and didn't tension the same.   I have a line of quilts ready to go, but I'll have to find the right thread first.  Joann's was out, but they have a truck coming tomorrow.   I have a spool ordered online, so we will have to see which works out first.   I hope you are having a restful or productive Sunday.  Having both never seems to work out, but if you have any scrappy or hand stitching to share, but sure to check out Oh Scrap! and Slow Stitching Sunday.  

8 comments:

Little Penpen said...

37 flights of stairs? I’d have to rest for days! 🤣

Bonnie said...

Yikes.... that sounds like you got your workout getting the top ready to quilt. Hope you get your thread soon so you can finish the quilt. (Are you buying cones or?)

Deb A said...

Just thinking of all those stair steps tired me out! Hope the threads arrived so you can be quilting soon. I had a restful and productive day - hand quilting!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear that you ran out of thread. I've got some cones that are getting used up. It's still such a challenge judging how much that thread will quilt! I haven't quilted enough in the 5 years I've had my machine to have learned that yet.

Jenny said...

Up and down your stairs 37 times? That's too much like hard work!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Pretty fabrics pulled for your hexis- such a fun project. Hope you get your thread soon so you can finish your quilt. Have a blessed week, Angela and Happy quilting.

Quilter Kathy said...

Say what? 37 flights of stairs? Maybe that was a typo?
If not, you are a super human!

Susie H said...

My thighs are burning just thinking about all those steps. UGH! Good luck finding more thread. I hate putting aside projects in the middle of a step.