Saturday, February 20, 2021

ScrapHappy Yellow T Minus 2

 

Just two more week of yellow.  I hope that you have made a dent.  Sunshine isn't usually a huge color for quilters as it can quickly overwhelm a quilt.  It can also add a bit of happy and we all need more of that at the moment.  I got some of the Garden Lattice blocks done for this month along with just a few more of Shoostars and Sister's Choice.  Now it is mainly an issue of digging through the partially completed crumb blocks to find the rest of the pieces for this months blocks.  There were a surprising number of yellow crumb scraps this month.   

I also got just a few more of the itty bitty loggie blocks done.   It would be nice to round out the orange and yellow rounds.  Green is a bit of a missing link.  I will be sure to fix that when green gets its turn.  

How are your yellow scraps coming along?   I hope that you are able to stay warm wherever you are.   The news in Texas right now is just so disturbing.  One of our guidance counselors was visiting family there last weekend and has been unable to get back to work again.   She sent photos of the snow to us all.  Snow isn't something we really see here.   



13 comments:

Ivani said...

Your desing wall is full of lovely yellow blocks.

Kathy S. said...

You have definitely been busy with those yellow scraps this month. I especially LOVE the tiny log cabin blocks.

Cathy said...

I love those itty bitty log cabins but don't love them enough to make any myself that are that small!

Quilter Kathy said...

So many beautiful blocks, but I LOVE your log cabin project!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I was just about to write what Kathy said! Love those itty bitty log cabins!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job working through your YELLOW scraps, Angela. LOVE how those Little Log blocks are coming along!! Only ONE week remaining to finish up and I better get busy...
wanders away to go sew

Deb A said...

Pretty design wall. I really need to get working on my yellow... where did this month go to so quickly?

Cathy Tomm said...

Oh wow I just love your tiny log cabin blocks. So cute. I have some log cabin in yellow planned, might be what I sew Sunday. How big our your logs?
Yes I feel so bad for Texas, How many pipes have frozen and will burst now. We knew what happens up here and our pipes are way down below the frost line.

gayle said...

Wow, I LOVE your itty bitty loggies!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You have certainly done well with using your yellows. There used to be an old saying that every quilt should have a little yellow in it. Yours will be stunning!

Deb said...

I might have missed it, how big (small ) are your itty bitty log cabins! they are adorable!!
Stay safe and sew on!

Cindy said...

Love looking at your design wall!!!! Yes, yellow is hard for a lot of folks - a little goes a long way. But I love yellow and this made me want more in my stash! This is my first RSC and I am enjoying it very much! Thank you!

Marcus Steve said...

I'm super excited to tell the public that I have been permanently cured from herpes by Dr Agbomina . I had herpes for years but everyone told me that there was no cure to it and every doctor I contacted failed to cure me until I contacted Dr Agbomina , he placed me on diet and also sent his medicine to me and today I'm free and my lab test confirmed it. You can contact Dr Agbomina via his WhatsApp +234(805)049-5479 or email: dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com You can visit his Website at https://dragbonherbalmedic.wixsite.com/welcometodoctoragbon