Monday, December 1, 2014

New York Beauty Block 2

 I had so much fun drawing the first New York Beauty block that I thought I would try another.  This one is divided into 15 degree wedges.  The outer circle is then divided into geese with the inner circle separated into wedges.  I am having much fun with freezer paper, string and protractor.  Who knew?
There isn't a lot of contrast in the inner part, but it shows up better in person.  I had academic team tonight or I would have sketched up another block.  We came in in first place for the regular season!  We came in second tonight, but the team that had been in first was 4th.  So we took home a trophy and will compete again in the championship match next week.  

9 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Can I just say you are crazy? Love that block though!

Dasha said...

Lovely block Angela.

Dasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

Such a wonderful and fun project!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh these blocks are just awesome! Vicki's fabrics are fun to work with aren't they? Looking forward to your future posts on this graphic project!

Mystic Quilter said...

This is a super duper block and love the colour.

Terri said...

You should put your tried and true designs on your Etsy or Craftsy for sale. Might as well make some money after doing all that designing.
Hugs

Wonderbunnie Designs said...

Just wow. You do such great work!!

Kate said...

Lots and lots of wow factor with those blocks. Congrats on the second place finish! Good luck in the next round.