Friday, December 5, 2014

TGIF

Did you see the announcement on Vicki Welsh's blog about the new fabric she has available for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015?  She is calling them snack packs.  How cute is that?  She has made special collections of 6 fat eighths of each of the 11 colors for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015.  She has them available as a package deal.  There is even a discount for those who order within the next 3 weeks.   I was lucky enough to get my own snack pack in the mail a couple of weeks ago as well as another set for the monthly giveaways for next year.  I'll be offering a drawing for a snack pack in the color of the month for each of the 11 months of next year's challenge.  December will be color free again, giving everyone a chance to put their quilts together or play catch up if they need to.
Part of the plan next year is for me to design another Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler Quilt.  This one will be a little more preplanned than last years.  There will be 25 sawtooth star blocks, each with a different 6 inch sampler block in the middle.  That will mean two blocks most months, with 3 block just 3 times.  So I sat down with my colored pencils tonight and started to play.  There is something so relaxing about sitting and playing with colors.  I still have a few changes to make, and the sampler blocks to choose of course, but it is starting to come together in my mind.  Before I jump in, I have the rows of this year's sampler ready to sew together.  I hope to get the borders attached tomorrow for a big reveal.  Be sure to come back in the morning to see the begining of the end of this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I'll announce the winner of the last 2014 fabric giveaway, so be sure to leave a comment on last weeks Scraphappy Saturday Post if you haven't had a chance yet.  

9 comments:

Sheila said...

This is such a cool idea! I look forward to sewing along with you another year, Angela.
I finished this year's rainbow 6.5" sampler quilt this week. I LOVE it!!! I'll post a picture later : )

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun... can't wait!

Ellen said...

Sounds like another great year ahead!

make.share.give said...

Very pretty! I love color too!

Kathy S. said...

I'm in. Love the idea of the 2015 RSC plan. Yes, sitting down and playing with colors is so much fun.

Terri said...

I think we just got a sneak peek of the colors for next year...
Love the stars you colored. I hope I can get myself together enough to join in the 2015. I'd really like to join you all.
Hugs

Kate said...

A very fun sampler, love the color graduation. I'm looking forward to the 2015 challenge. Maybe I'll actually finish up at least one of my 4 projects from previous years?

Jennie said...

What a great idea for a sampler quilt!

Marly said...

This is a great idea! I'm in, but I'll be using scraps again, augmented where necessary with FQs.