Monday, December 22, 2014

New York Beauty Block 6

I thought I would sew the day away today.  I did get to sew, and also go to piano lessons, the grocery store, wait for the home inspector, go power lifting and collect water samples for science fair.  So I guess that is why it took all day to make this one block.

Totally worth it though, right?  These point are 18 degrees and split down the middle.  That meant marking every 9 degrees.  I have become really good friends with my protractor.  Best of all, I even learned which one is the compass and which one is the protractor.  The dark, medium and light solids are hand dyes from Vicki Welsh.  I added in two batiks from Connecting Threads.  I really like the speckled fabric in the points.  Kurt thought the floral in the small circle was too busy, but I like the overall effect.
So that brings the total up to 6.  Maybe I can make the green block tomorrow. 

11 comments:

Melinda said...

I disagree with Kurt. The blue block is perfect.

Teresa in Music City said...

Be still my heart!!! NYB block in BLUE!!!!! It's gorgeous Angela :)

Kevin the Quilter said...

I am going to attempt a NY Beauty quilt in my future......out of curiosity....did you draft your own blocks, or use EQ7?

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That is gorgeous!

Jo said...

Looking good... Keep it up

Deb A said...

Love the blue NYB block! So pretty. Those baskets are adorable too. Glad you are fitting some sewing time in.

Terri said...

Love your block, even if it did take all day. LOL
Hugs

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Those New York beauties are just wonderful! They keep calling to me!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its beautiful! Won't you be bored when you get a whole day to sew?

Nell's Quilts said...

I think this one is my favourite so far. Love the way you split the starry points. And the batik in the corner is wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Looking forward to more scrappy happiness in the new year.

Kate said...

Your New York Beauty blocks all look gorgeous, including the most recent.