Sunday, December 28, 2014

Slow Stitch Sunday

I so admired the orange peel quilts that have been going on, I just needed to start my own.  Sound familiar, right?  So I've got a little orange peel assembly line going on.  I cut a little stack of orange peel templates out of freezer paper using a pattern that I found here.  Those get ironed on to scraps as I find them and rough cut until evening TV time.  It's pretty easy to trim them out with a quarter inch seam allowance.  I turn the edges under using the technique that I found here.  Next time I'm at the ironing board, it doesn't take long to glue baste them to 5 inch squares all ready to go into the busy bag.  I'll start on the blue block for January and then pull out whatever stack matches the rainbow scrap challenge color of the month.  We have a car trip coming up, so these blocks in a bag should come in very handy.  

10 comments:

Jo said...

How many projects started now. It's not even 2015 yet.... Hahahaa

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

They are pretty quilts...it's been fun to see Kathy's growing :)

CathieJ said...

Oh, I agree, I want to start one of those quilts also. Someday.

KaHolly said...

I'm with you!! I think I'll set some up for my next "to go" project.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

An orange peel is on my list ... maybe sooner than originally planned.

Julierose said...

I love the look of the orange peels when all sewn together--this will be lovely..happy slow stitching...I am still on my hexagons...puzzling it out...hugs, Juolierose

The Cozy Quilter said...

So nice to have a portable project ready to go!

Ellen said...

They do look really good in a quilt and they look fun and satisfying to make. Maybe....

Kate said...

The Orange Peel quilts I've seen are definitely appealing (sorry couldn't resist). Looking forward to seeing yours come together.

Katie Z. said...

Blue? Light, dark, bright?