Tuesday, December 2, 2014

New York Beauty Block 3

 I had a few minutes before dinner to draft another New York Beauty block.  After drawing two arcs at 5 and 9 inches, I divided the section between those arcs into 10 degree wedges.  I am fond of my pencil tied to a string and school geometry protractor.  They seem to be getting the job done pretty well.
The curved seam sewing on this one didn't go quite a smoothly as the first two blocks.  I'm sure it will get easier with practice.  Still loving the effect.  One block at a time.  Kurt had to go to work for a conference call with India, maybe I will draw another block?  Maybe I'll just snuggle up in bed and fall asleep with a good book.
I did make a Pinerest page with ideas and tutorials about how to make New York Beauty blocks.  Check it out if you want to see more NYB blocks.  

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Looks great! Curved piecing is never easy although I have found I am getting better with practice.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hopped over to your Pinterest page but of course within seconds you are blocked with a Join up to Pintreest message etc so can't see the actual blocks, I did manage a quick peek at a very colourful one which you'd pinned and it looked great.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Another fantastic block!

Kate said...

Beautifully drafted and constructed.

Deb A said...

So pretty! You are on a roll. See - kids can use that math after school =)

Jo said...

I'll go and have a look

Cathy said...

Wow! Another one? I can't believe how easily you seem to draft these blocks. They are all gorgeous.