Saturday, December 6, 2014

ScrapHappy Saturday - The End Begins

It is finally, officially, the last month of the year and so begins the time of finishing things up.  Have missing colors to catch up on, need just a few more blocks to make a top, ready to sew them all together?  Now is the time to start thinking of what you can finish up this year and what you will roll over to continue for the new year.  I am on to the border stages of my sampler quilt for the year and getting so excited.
To celebrate December, I have used Random.org to chose a winner for the last 2014 bundle of hand dyed fabric from Vicki Welsh.  And the winner is.... Sunny from Quilting Dreams.  I've sent Sunny an e-mail and will send it off as soon as I hear back.
So, as sad as it is to think about the last of the hand dyed fabric for this year going out, the idea of brand new fabrics for the new year should help ease the pain.  Have you checked out Vicki's December Newsletter?  She has just posted details of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Snack Pack.  It is a special collection of rainbow themed hues that we worked together to create as the basis for next years challenge colors.  I'm designing a new quilt using these fabrics as well and will be posting tutorials throughout the new year.  I must say, I am pretty excited to be continuing our collaboration for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015 (RSC15).
Let's not get too carried away with plans for next year though and forget to enjoy the projects we have all worked so hard on this year.  Use the linky tool below to keep us posted on your progress.


12 comments:

Jo said...

I'm so happy for what you have shown us throughout the year. Even though I didn't keep up with the scrap blocks I hope to follow what you do next year

PugMom said...

I'm definitely going to participate next year. I love visiting everyone's blog to see what they are working on.

make.share.give said...

Your challenge quilt is wonderful. Thank you for the huge library of fun quilt blocks through the year.

Kate said...

Your sampler quilt looks great. The sampler was such a fun project this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for next year.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have really enjoyed the scrap challenge this year. Thanks for helping me find a way to enjoy piecing. It has been really fun watching as everyone did their "thing".

Quiltdivajulie said...

RSC has been great fun this year - looking forward to 2015!!

Deb A said...

Thanks so much for hosting this challenge each year and for all the wonderful tutorials for the sampler RSC quilt. I have six rows together... hope to get it to a top stage later tonight! I've already started my list for 2015 RSC projects!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your quilt has turned out great. I've had so much fun doing the RSC this year and look forward to next year!

Angie said...

It has been a great, scrappy year! I really enjoyed the sampler blocks - they were usually easy enough to finish in an hour or so and it was fun to see all the different interpretations color-wise. Looking forward to next year!

Scrappy quilter said...

Your sample quilt is stunning.

Katie Z. said...

The sashing on your quilt just glows! I love it.

Mystic Quilter said...

A great year Angela - look forward to 2015!