Sunday, June 10, 2012

Like Molasses

 So slowly, the Smith Mountain blocks are coming together.  Goodness do they have a lot of little pieces!  The center portions all got finished up last night, and I thought the stars would come together easily enough today. 

Instead, the Chimney blocks are almost finished.  I did put a few stars together to start to get a feel for how the quilt will look.  Sometimes I get impatient with working one block at a time and just want to see them start coming together.
Sunday is Pizza night, so maybe I'll get a few more put together a bit later.  The boys have been gone all day playing Dungeons and Dragons so they are going to pick it up on the way home.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Ah yes... I do recall those blocks taking some time to piece together....
...but

they look FATABULOUS though, right!?!?!? :D

Kate said...

Looks great. I'm bad about having to make a couple of each block first so I can see what it's going to look like. I'm not very patient on that front either.

Tamera said...

It's going to be SO beautiful.

Lynne said...

It's coming together in the most magical way.

Quilting By Celia said...

They look great. Brown and blue is such a great combination.

Andee said...

SOOOOO jealous! Looking good!