Saturday, June 9, 2012

Progress

 All the subunits are done for Smith Mountain!  I have them all counted and ready to go for the star blocks.  The center for the alternate blocks are set to go as well, and the logs are cut to length. 
As much as I would love to keep going while I am on a role, I am switching gears.  We ordered new patio furniture a couple of weeks ago, and it has started to arrive.  Cleaning and painting of the pool deck is on my summer list, and it would be nice to get it done in time for the new patio set.  So I'm off to pressure wash and acid etch.  I'm not sure we will be rain free for long enough to paint, but I'll get a start at least so I can feel like something has been accomplished. 

8 comments:

heather said...

Wow. You got those done fast.

Deb A said...

They look great! Hope you got something done before the rain hits......

Linda Lee said...

Great blocks. New furniture is a great motivator to finish other projects.

Lynne said...

Great progress on the quilt top units.

New furniture is always fun - even if brings initial work beforehand.

Kate said...

Wow, lots of progress! Hopefully your patio won't take you away from the sewing for too long.

Andee said...

Thanks for the SMM motivation! Maybe I can get somewhere with that before you get back to it, but I doubt it! I have a few other things to do before I get to it.

Ellen said...

It seems like your blocks came together fairly quickly. I have plans to make this quilt too - it is such a nice design.

Amy said...

I love this quilt and can't wait to see yours. I'm with Andee, though.....maybe I need to take mine back out and get it quilted, but I'm sure you'll finish yours long before I get around to mine. I'm hung up on what to use for a backing.

Hoping everything goes smoothly with the deck-prep.