Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tiny Tuesday - Setting Sun

 This is Midget Block number 63.  It is called Setting Sun and has 26 pieces in a block that will finish at 4.5 inches. 
 It was prepared using a combination of paper piecing for the blades and reverse as well as traditional applique. 
 I used a freezer paper template to prepare the overlay for reverse applique. 
 The seam allowances were trimmed and ironed down before the background was glued in place on top of the blade circle. 
The center portion was prepared with freezer paper ironed onto the front to that the seam allowances could be glued down in preparation for regular applique.  Anna was my helper and held the block for a final picture.  I am posting ahead and have to smile at her teeth.  By the time this block comes out she will probably be in braces already.  Sometimes I go back to old blog posts and look at how small all the kids used to be.  It is amazing how fast they are all growing up. 

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh wow! So much in so little space!

Deb A said...

That came out great! I too look back at the pictures and boy my kids were tiny just last year!

Sheila said...

I agree with Lynn. So much in such a small space. You are good!

Andee said...

That is impressive! WOW!

Ellen said...

Your block looks great - reverse applique - that will be another new technique for me.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great block! I think eventually I might just try my hand at hand appliqueing one of these blocks. :)