Saturday, June 16, 2012

Honk if you Love Geese

Today turned into a busy day after all.  Kurt and I got the deck painted this morning.  It looks so fresh and clean now!  After that I went out to lunch with a girl friend and took advantage of a big sale going on at Joann's.  She is making a t-shirt quilt for her son to take away to college in the fall and I am giving her a little help along the way.  We also hit Goodwill where we got lots of fun goodies along with the extra shirt we needed for the quilt.  I did find a few minutes this morning while Kurt was picking up another gallon of deck stain to whip up a couple of purple goose blocks.  These little guys are just perfect for the extra triangles that come from joining binding.  I'm not sure what they will turn into, but for now I'll just keep adding to the collection. 

6 comments:

Cyn said...

Honk, Honk, HONK! Sorry, couldn't help it. lol. Yes, I do love FG and yours are wonderful!
Congrats on getting the deck spruced up. The summer season is upon us - deck weather!

Lynne said...

I've not tried Flying Geese so I can't comment. Don't like real geese though!

My WM got the framework finished for our new deck this weekend and I think he plans to start on the boards after work tomorrow.

Quilter Kathy said...

HONK! I LOVE your geese...adorable!

janequiltsslowly said...

Sweet colors of wonky geese. Love, love LOVE

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

HONK! Couldn't read that post without adding a honk... ;) I sure do love my geese. These are looking gorgeous.

Ellen said...

Your little flock look great together.