Friday, June 22, 2012

Quilting

Got the back for the goose quilt put together. 
 Thought about doing a pantograph for the quilting, but couldn't find just the right one.  Instead, I thought it would be fun to try some Baptist Fans.  After figuring out that I needed to quilt them upside down, I did a little practice on scratch paper. 
I think I'm going to like it.  The top thread is called sandstone, and the bottom is blue.  I was having tension issues for a bit, but I think it is working great now. 

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

OH how fun! I love quilting these and they look so great on a finished quilt!

Teresa in Music City said...

Those fans are going to be perfect! You have done a great job on them :*)

Ellen said...

Baptist fans are one of my favourite quilting motifs. Yours are looking good - your quilt will be fantastic.

Deb A said...

Love ho they are coming out. I really need to try some new quilting patterns.

Andee said...

You are so talented. Very nice!