Saturday, June 23, 2012

No Stopping Now

Rolling right along, this little baby quilt was next up.  The middle part was done last January for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I added the two borders today and found a piece of blue fabric big enough for the backing.  There was even some leftover batting from the last couple of baby quilts that were gifted away, so this little guy is ready for his turn on the frame.  I found some blue variegated thread that I think will work for the quilting.  I have a vision of swirls swimming through my head.  Initially I pictured a big set of concentric circles in each open block, but I'm not sure I will end up there.  I don't know of anyone having a baby boy right now, but it never hurts to be prepared. 

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great border touches! Did someone put a new quarter in you, or are you still going on the first one? Definitely getting your money's worth! :D

Teresa in Music City said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! I love Snowball quilts! And of course I would love anything blue :*) Swirls would be nice. For me, there are already enough circles going on with the snowballs and the swirls would make a nice blend between the squares and circles. It will be pretty no matter what you do.

Andee said...

Love it, and all I did today was sit on the beach and read!

Lynne said...

What a lovely use of blue scraps.