Friday, June 8, 2012

Universal Birthday

Anna didn't want to have a party for her birthday this year.  Instead she wanted to take a friend to Universal Studios and ride the new Harry Potter ride. She chose a friend whose mom is a good friend of mine so that we could hang out while the girls did their thing.  I was pretty sure we were going to be rained out, but somehow, the rain magically parted around Orlando and we remained almost entirely dry for the day.  Until, that is, the girls decided to ride the river barge ride 10 times in a row! Hogwarts village was amazing, the detail of the architecture was SO impressive.  Such a fun day, I was feeling great and still full of energy all the way home, then I sat down on the couch and lost ALL motivation.  I thought briefly about getting a little work done on Smith Mountain before dozing off in the middle of my move on Words with Friends.  Tomorrow looks wide open though. Sydney has a sleepover and Ryan has been invited to a pool party of someone he met at Rocket Camp, other than that it should be a calm day.  I even have some purple projects to show! 

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Sounds like a fun (but obviously tiring) day.

Amy said...

Goodness---so jealous. I don't DARE mention this post to Cassie (or the other girls). It surely sounds like it was amazing fun for Anna. Someday...someday :D

Deb A said...

I want to go there so bad! My kids are still too young though. Maybe this fall I can arrange kids with Grandma and a manager for the store so I can take hubby with me. It was a free HBO weekend on Dish and we watched the last 2 HP movies last night. Sounds like the perfect birthday to me!

Andee said...

Sounds like a good birthday to me!

AnnieO said...

Great birthday fun, indeed! I'd love to take my girls to Hogwarts too, and they are 24 and 22 :)

Ellen said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a birthday!