Friday, June 1, 2012

Lazy Crazy Days of Summer

I'm still waiting for the lazy days to kick in, so far summer has just been crazy.  I did jump in first thing this morning and finish putting the bow-ties top together.  I don't think it needs a border, but for now I just wanted it up and off the floor.  We are having a birthday party for Sydney tomorrow with a water-slide and I am guessing there will be lots of little wet feet traipsing through the house.  Anna is baking cakes as I type and Sydney is doing a major overhaul of her bedroom, throwing down all the clothes that are too big or too small or too warm for summer.  So far 5 garbage bags have been filled and she is sure it will be much easier to keep her room clean now.  Kurt is off today and tried to convince the kids to go with him to beach volleyball, but they were all too busy.  There are water balloons to be filled and streamers to be hung. 

14 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oohh that sounds like fun!!! I just love the playfulness of your bow-tie quilt. A border would be hard to choose for that - you may be right in leaving it just as it is :*)

Lynne said...

A birthday is a great reason to have a clear out! Happy birthday, Sydney.

Your quilt top looks great.

Angie said...

Love the rainbow scrappiness of your bow-ties!

Cathy Tomm said...

Your bow tie looks great. I do not think it needs any boarders. So much summer fun already. We get out June 27th. I have been looking for June's colour already. I hope to sew some Saturday morning.

Deb A said...

I agree - no border needed. But.... are you going to do a scrappy binding or just one color? Have fun with the party tomorrow... it's been raining since the middle of the night here. A rainy day inside for us.

Angie said...

It is sooooo lovely---and I love it without a border... :)

Sheila said...

I agree. Looks good without a border.
BTW. I'm enjoying PURPLE :D

Ellen said...

I think it looks just great the way it is. I really like it when I make a quilt and it tells me it doesn't need a border!

Kate said...

The bow tie looks great. Hope all the birthday stuff goes off without a hitch (or at least not a big one).

Andee said...

Loving that unique bow tie...enjoy the party!

Amy said...

great color-chromatic layout of the bowties!
Can't wait to see what other non-relaxing summer days bring about :)

AnnieO said...

Wow, great bowtie top! Love the way you set it with the stripes of colors in the background. Very clever!

Hope the birthday doins' are good times!

Amanda said...

Hope the party goes well.

Béa said...

I really love how you make your bow tie quilt, wonderful !