Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rows Done

I got all the blocks sewn into rows last night, but lost steam before sewing the rows together to make a flimsy.  I really do like the plain blue squares now that I see it all together.  I might do one more red border to finish it off, though with the outside sashing I'm not sure I need it.  Instead I organized all the scraps and extras from the project box that it was living in.  I'm not sure what will go in that box next, maybe some bigger nine patches that I was playing with last summer.  I saw the coolest idea and Annie's Quilt Ort's on Monday that I was thinking about.
I went out and took Lizzie for a walk first thing this morning, which is good, because now it is raining.  I'm not sure what Sydney's plan for the day is, but it doesn't look like a good zoo day.  She wanted to do the big ropes course, but isn't tall enough.  Maybe we will go and get our nails done instead.  It would be a great movie day, but since we saw one yesterday we will have to think of something else.  First though, I'll have to get every one else delivered to camp.  

10 comments:

heather said...

Very nice. I like the sashing with those blocks. It sets them off well.

Amy said...

Yes, yes....I agree 100% that the quilt is coming along so wonderfully!
And I absolutely LOVE reading about the schedules of summer. :)
Enjoy your day, whatever you and Sydney decide to do.

Margaret said...

What a great top! Your piecing is exquisite, and those blue squares make the blocks just pop. Bravo!

Ellen said...

I really like how it looks. To me it has a very nice calm, sophisticated look to it.

Andee said...

This one is truly stunning!

Lynne said...

I think it looks fabulous - the solid blue squares give the eye a place to rest and contrast nicely with the busy-ness of the blocks.

Kate said...

The quilt is looking great, the blue really brings out the other colors.

I always think summer is going to be more relaxed until I realize every place that Drama Teen has to be during the week. Hope you and Sydney found something fun to do.

Linda Lee said...

The blocks are great. I love the colors of all the blocks. I totally agree with your color choices. They will make the blocks POP!

Amy said...

Bravo! its beautiful.

AnnieO said...

Very energetic and pretty quilt. Thanks for the shout-out!! I'm having fun with the 9 patches :)