Monday, June 30, 2008

Girl Scout Quilts Guinea Pig Session





I invited over part of the Girl Scouts tonight to practice making quilts. I had a procedure ready to go, but needed to figure out how it would work with 8 and 9 year old girls. We worked from 4 to 8 with a dinner break and almost finished three out of the four quilts. I've got some ideas about how to make it work better for next time, but I think they enjoyed the process and came out with a quilt at the end of the evening. I just need to attach the binding and make-up a label. Then it will be 4 down and 26 to go!

6 comments:

Meisje said...

I think you just replaced me as my daughter's favorite mom . . . you are so cool. They look so proud!

Amy said...

How fun! And I can only well imagine how organized you realllly needed things to be in order to accomplish anything with 8 and 9 year olds! One is enough----as soon as you throw two or more together, you wonder if they know what it means to be "calm."

Remind us what the quilts are for again...? Any of them "keepers" for the girls; charity? I really can't remember....

DUH! Just looked at label...."Nursing Home quilts." That's right....

Way to go, you!

Rhonda said...

Fantastic!! They are so proud of their accomplishments! And you must be so proud of them!

Amanda said...

I take my hat off to you for your organisation. I used to teach 8 and 9 year olds, and though girls of that age are much more organised than boys, I know just how enthusiastic they can be - and how quickly they get bored and/or dispirited. Well done, you. The quilts look terrific and the girls extremely chuffed with their evening's work.

Julie said...

They are sooo cute posing on their quilts! Good for you.

Candace said...

Having done tote bags with two of my young teen granddaughters, and feeling like there needed to be about 3 of me, I am very impressed that you accomplished so much on your own with 4 young girls. They did a great job, too. Were you as tired after they left as if you had run about 5 miles?