Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ooops!

I had a few minutes for sewing yesterday and put together the last of the OC squares. I still haven't done any of the setting triangles, but I can still start to see the overall effect. My husband just looked at it and commented that it certainly was bright. As I was ironing, I noticed that I had I had put some of the spinning stars together wrong. I never thought about how close the spinning star block is the Jacobs Ladder block. I like the effect, but I think I have more stars already finished that ladders, so I guess I'll do some unsewing this afternoon.

Last night was Syndey's ballet recital. She was SO excited! She wasn't always thrilled about the practice, but the minute she was on a stage and people cheered and clapped, she just lit up and started performing. She was so excited about getting a medal and trophy, and told me again and again how everyone kept applauding for them. The recital itself was a little long, I was the lucky class mom who got to sit in the basement and entertain the girls during the show. During the rehearsal, the girls all got to sit in the audience and watch the show. They were mesmerized!

3 comments:

Kucki68 said...

They might be bright, but they look great! I finally got done with step 4 and started step 5. Only 5 blocks finished, but it looks interesting. Not sure about the purple...

Candace said...

It is going to be beautiful. My husband looked at my two stacks of blocks side by side, and he said he can't see it looking too good, but I think that set up like yours they will be better.
Your daughter, Sydney, looks like a princess, and I'm sure that she was beautiful dancing.

Amy said...

Awwwww.....how precious!!! What an absolute DOLL Sydney is in her dress!

Your OC is actually the first shots I've seen of (what I'm guessing to be) #5. I can't wait to get to that part! This quilt is going to be gigantic compared to the CC!!! Sorry that you need(ed) to do some ripping--it is so frustrating!