Sunday, June 22, 2008

On a Roll Now

I'm just starting to get into my summer groove. I finished the Dresden plates quilt today -- even the binding! I went ahead and washed it, because I used washable marker to sketch in the border. I don't know why I've spent so much time and money trying out fancy quilting markers when Crayola comes in an eight pack for only $2! Here is Sydney with her new quilt -- I've already got it on her bed and it fits great.
Anna took off on an airplane today to go and visit her grandparents in North Carolina. I tried not to be nervous about sending her on an airplane all alone. Kurt took her to the airport and checked her in, by the time he was home again, she had already landed on the other end. Ryan is in Chess camp all week and I'm taking a teacher certification class on giftedness. That leaves Sydney in preschool again. The camp is only a half day, so I've lined up a babysitter for the afternoon. Sydney wants to come home to play with the sitter, but I don't know if I'll have time to pick her up during our lunch break. I guess I'll have to play it by ear and see how everything works out tomorrow.
I'm itching to jump in to quilting the OC, but I don't know if I should start, knowing I'll be busy all week. I saw a quilting pattern on the pajama quilter web site that has straight lines and little triangles. I don't know if I should try that out our wait for the DVD I've ordered to come in. Something to think about I guess.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Great quilt. Looks like she is really happy with her quilt.

You will love the Pajame Quilter DVD. She has some great ideas.

Amy said...

Nervous? Nervous? I would be in PANIC-mode! If I remember correctly, Anna isn't much older than Cassie (my oldest)---she's 9, right? I'm glad the trip went smoothly for her!

And I KNEW I shouldn't have looked at your blog before going to bed! It's 11:19 as I type, and you know DARN GOOD WELL that I'm going to have to check out that PJ Quilting site you shared in the above post!!!

Rhonda said...

What a cutie pie and a lovely quilt!

Amanda said...

Your Dresden Plate quilt finished up well, really pretty. I'm not surprised you were nervous. I was terribly nervous when my 17 year old son went on a flight alone for the first time - to Zurich, about three hours - I was like a cat on hot bricks waiting to hear that he'd arrived safely. I'm off to try and track down the pyjama quilting site you mentioned. Have a good week.