Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pulled Away from my Roll


I was on a roll, but I've had to shift gears this week to do work for my teacher class. For the past two days I've been working on a lesson plan. It's for my new Forensic Science class next year and it is on fingerprints. I figured as long as I had to do it for the class, I might as well take it to the next level and make sure I had the things I would need to actually teach the topic next year. So I now have projects, activities, labs, rubrics and even a pre-test. It's been fun, but I miss my quilting. I was in such a good flow that I hated to shift gears. I was able to get some more orange thread today, so maybe tomorrow I'll have a few minutes to stitch a few rows. I got some remnants of solid fabrics while I was there, I've been seeing lots of Amish-type quilts lately and thought I might experiment with some small pieces I could use to practice machine quilting. I got the Fast & Free DVD in the mail today, and I might take a little peek at it before I turn into a pumpkin.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Forensic Science sound like a lot of fun - both to teach and to learn. I found the Fast and Free DVD (number 1) quite helpful, though she does tend to go on a bit! Have fun.

Candace said...

Seems if you're a teacher, there is no rest for the weary. I guess summer vacation is not completely a vacation. Sounds like it is at least interesting, and there has to be a good feeling to already being so prepared for when school starts again. Hope you get to fit in some quilting and fun, though.