Thursday, December 2, 2010

No Sewing Today

Tonight was Anna's holiday concert for strings.  I am of course, the ever supportive mom, but beginning strings can be a little bit like listening to fingernails getting drug across a chalkboard.  They played all the songs they knew and then intermediate strings did a few as well.  There were cookies and punch after and we still made it back home in an hour. Anna had fun though and that is the point after all.
I got to sit with my good friend Meisje and chat for a while.  She brought me a present!  While visiting a historic sight over Thanksgiving she saw a quilt book and thought of me.  It is called Hidden in Plain View and is a story of the link between quilts and the underground railroad.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  She also loaned me the 4th book in the Anne of Green Gables series.  I've been reading it online which has been a little awkward.  So thanks Meisje, I'll have plenty of reading to enjoy over Christmas vacation. 
I was going in to work on the next Midget block this afternoon, but I couldn't find it!  I'm sure I put it right there on the laundry room counter where I put everything.  Hmm, maybe that is the problem, I put everything there.  So after the trip to the fabric store to get fake fur for an ice skating teddy bear costume and after Girl Scout but before the concert, I took a couple of minutes to put it all away. I also got the kids to clear all of their debris out of my car.

Though it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, at least there is a little empty space available again. I start getting a little anxious when things get so cluttered that I can't find what I need.  It is so much nicer when everything is put away that always wonder why I can't get it looking like that all the time.  If only there were more hours in the day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful young lady., I am sure she is beaming from performing.I get anxious alos when my sewing area is cluttered.

Beth said...

Oh, I remember those string days! Our DD played violin and our older DS the cello. I don't have perfect pitch..but I DO have a good ear. OH MY! I think those music teachers sprout wings! She looks so grown up! Can you come work on MY sewing room now? HA!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I second the need for more hours in a day!! I'm reading blogs right now, but I should be folding laundry and putting it away along with lots of other clutter! lol