Monday, December 6, 2010

No Self Control

So much for my thought of putting the new Accuquilt dies away until Christmas.  While sorting though the string drawer looking for neutrals I spent a little time sorting the different colors of scraps.  Because there was too much blue to fit into the blue jar, I "needed" to use some up.  The string scraps were the perfect size to try out the new 60 degree diamond die.  One of the new project I'm thinking about starting next year is a monochromatic scrap challenge.  One color each month with a scrap related project of some sort.  I'm still in the planning stages, but I'm thinking blue for January, red for February and green for March.  I don't think I can come up with enough colors, so maybe a few months can be combination months; green and red for December, red white and blue for July.  Like I said, it's still in the thinking stages.  It might be a fun way to use up some scraps.   So while mulling this over, I tried out a blue crumb star.

7 comments:

LuAnn said...

I like it. I'm really enjoying trying to use up my strings and scraps. The monocromatic theme each month sounds like a great idea!

Judy D in WA said...

I'm not laughing.....really, I'm not. :) I love the star. I think if you mull over your idea for a while, you will have a very do-able plan.

Pip said...

I like it too, the only thing is I have so many blue scraps now that I think every month would be a blue one for me.

Amanda said...

This idea could very nearly persuade me to go for the Accuquilt, it's a wonderful way to use up your scraps. And another good idea, the monochromatic challenge, seems like a good way of using up some scraps.

blauraute said...

Hi Angela,
it's a great idea with the colors for the months. The blue star is wonderful. I'm looking forward to see the other blocks.
Take care.
Roswitha

Deb A said...

Cute star! A great idea to use up scraps. Thanks for the comment and yes, I'm going to attempt to do the midget blocks in order... that way I don't put off all the hard ones!

Amy said...

Classic way to use up some scraps ! LOVE the block!

Also, Tiny Tuesday's block....CUTE

And regarding wrapping your gift---GO FOR IT! Santa can't forget about mom/dad!