Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Glamorous Life

I slept in today.  All the way to 7:30.  It felt glorious.  I couldn't mow the yard until at least 9 though, it is Sunday after all, a day of rest.  Instead I got the kids rounded up stripping beds, throwing down laundry and tidying upstairs.  I told them I would buy them doughnuts if they did a good job.  I am not at all above bribery. I only got the front yard mowed before the mower ran out of gas and then it started to rain before I could fill it up again.  I can't think of any better sign that I was not meant to mow the back yard today. 
After that it was off to ice skating.  There was only one practice today for Anna so that didn't take too long.  We came home for lunch and then dropped Anna off for her Girl Scout Christmas caroling.  In between those things I kept working the string blocks through.  Strings blocks are nice in that they don't take a lot of concentration which makes them easy to work on in bits and pieces.  Pick up for caroling was at Marble Slab which required a stop in for ice cream of course.  Sunday is pizza night and the kids requested CiCis.  There was just time enough for showers, jammies, and bed.  It was all nicely relaxing compared to yesterday's choreographed driving tour of the county.  I think I need to make up a quick power point for Anatomy tomorrow, but other than that I think an early night is in order.

5 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Sounds like a very productive day!!! :)

Amy said...

LOL...and if that were my house, that pile of bedding would STILL be on the washer and the kids would either need to sleep on the beds with no sheets, or I'd find something to "make-do" for the evening :0)

And.....goodness....what a shock when I read "mow the lawn." LOL.....we're knee deep in snow that needs plowing!

Here's to a great week!

Pip said...

Your string blocks are looking amazing.

Candace said...

Sounds like one of your 'usual' busy days, but you made time for some amazing blocks, they're beautiful.

Deb A said...

Love the scrappy blocks. I agree, doing things in batches so you can see something get 'done' is a great feeling. I need to start pulling my fabrics so I can start step one soon. Hey.... that looks like all the hampers in my house right now. Guess I better go throw in a load of laundry.