Sunday, December 19, 2010

UFO Challenge 2010 (Update)


I've been waiting to see what I finish this year before I start to contemplate my UFO list for next year. Eventually I decided to just make the list as it stands now and replace anything that gets finished with something else. I'll get things crossed off the list one way or another.

1. Postage Stamp Quilt.(done on June 18)
The blocks were all put together and I was ready for borders when I decided it needed to be bigger. I've got the extra blocks made, I just need to incorporate them into the quilt and add a simple border.

2. Scraptastrophy.(renamed Hopscotch, done on July 5)
This was an experiment with Bonnie Hunters Carolina Chains pattern that grew into a quilt top. I think it needs a small border but it is already hanging with backing fabric.

3. Dear Jane Small Quilt. (bordered backed and basted on June 11, still needs hand quilting)
This one has one border but I was waiting for the right shade of blue to add a second border. It is going to be hand quilted.

4. Elm Creek Quilt (done on August 21)
I've been busily hand quilting on this one, but I'm not sure how much longer it will take.

5. Starlight. (done on June 26)
Needs borders. I bought the fabric and it is hanging waiting to be put together

6. Shoot for the Moon. (still need to finish this one)
This is for Anna. She is desperate for me to finish it up. The blocks are made, they just need to be put together. Nothing is standard sized, so it will need a lot of puzzling and deciding along the way.

7. Kitty Korner.  (done on January 30)
I've just started this one and I am liking it a lot. I've got most of the blocks made. It just needs a little time. It has fallen off the list temporarily because nobody is waiting for it.

8. Christmas Quilts. (done before Christmas)
Not sure if I will get these done in time for Christmas. I'm off to find some border fabric this morning. Ryan and I are going to "do lunch" while the girls are skating.

After this is it starts to get harder. Active projects and experiments start to get included as well.

9. Roll Roll Cotton Boll. (Done on November 6)
I am working away at step 3 and 5 I think. I'll let this one rest until after Christmas I think and then get caught up again.

10. Spinning Stars. (Done on November 6)
I almost forgot about this one. I worked my way back to November 8 in my blog to find it. I've got the top put together but need to start working on borders. It is going to have a complicated series of pieced borders.

11. Lonely Logs and Surprise Quilts (Loggies done on August 28)
This was an experiment I was working on.  I need to either finish it or get rid of it.   I was just playing one day and accidentally started  3 new quilts.  Oops. 
 
12. Depression Blocks. (still haven't pulled these out again)
This was on my UFO list for last year as well.  If it doesn't get finished soon I'll just give up on it. 

5 comments:

Judy Laquidara said...

Nice projects. As I look at everyone's lists, I'm amazed at how pretty all the projects are. Good luck getting them done in 2011.

Angie in SoCal said...

Angela - nice projects as Judy said. It's going to be fun to see all these gorgeous quilts come out of the "closet".

Dionne said...

What a great list! I just joined the challenge and I'm looking forward to following along with everyone's challenge.
Cheers,
Dionne

Jennifer said...

Great list and good luck getting them done!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great list!! I can't wait to get started on this challenge, too!